Brussels Sprout Gratin
4 cups Brussels sprouts (cut into eighths)
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup and 2 tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen horseradish mustard
1 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup and 1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Note: JP used individual-sized ramekins, but a glass or ceramic casserole or pie dish would also work.
1. Cut Brussels sprouts into eighths, depending on size.
2. In a large saucepan or dutch oven, blanche sprouts in salted boiling water for approximately 5-6 minutes, or until cores are translucent. Drain well.
3. Simmer minced garlic in 1/4 cup olive oil until golden.
4. Add drained sprouts and simmer until tender, stirring enough to prevent sticking to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. While sautéing, grease oven-proof dish with olive oil and coat with Panko breadcrumbs along the sides and bottom of the dish.
6. Check sprouts for tenderness and salt and pepper.
7. Remove from heat and add mustard. Combine thoroughly.
8. In a small bowl, mix 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs and 1 tbsp. olive oil.
9. Fill dish with Brussels sprouts mixture and top with breadcrumbs mixture, pressing firmly and evenly along the surface.
10. Place under the oven broiler until golden brown.
11.Serve warm and enjoy!